Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Sweet Angel by Daniela Clapp



Hello All,

My name is Daniela and I am from Germany where I learned how to play the piano. After High school I moved to the USA to further my musical studies. I now have a child with Down syndrome, I call it Up-Syndrome, her name is Christina and she has changed my life and threw my world off it's axis. I have never cried as much and I have never laughed as much, I have never been more frustrated and never been so hopeful as I have with this little Angel in my life.

Our special little Angels live in a different world internally and see and experience the world differently then we do. We can never completely enter or understand their world and they will never fully be part of our world. But through music we can connect 100% and be in the same world with them during those special moments when we listen to beautiful music together. "When words fail, music speaks".



Neuroscientists have researched music and it's role in the developing brain. Music stimulates the critical and intellectual part of the brain and improves cognitive thinking skills and builds self-esteem, while having a calming and soothing effect at the same time. The whole range of emotions can be held within the rhythms and harmonies of music and the intimate connection with music can remain despite disability or illness.

My mission is called "Mission Possible". I help children with disabilities by introducing them to music and teaching them how to play the piano. I also have a CD called "Heart of a Child" which you can find on my website http://mysweetangel.info Portions of the proceeds go to organizations to help better the lifes and rights of those with disabilities. I also do some public speaking and performing to advocate for kids with disabilities. So if you like me to come and speak to your group (the theme will be "Music and Disability/ Mission Possible") contact me through my website.



Again go to http://mysweetangel.info and secure your very own copy of the beautiful CD "Heart of a Child" and help someone who needs our help. The gift of music is easy to give, but the echoes are truly endless.

With all my Love and Heart,
Daniela

Please share this news with friends, family and also with your contact list on Facebook and MySpace.

No comments:

Post a Comment